Oemeta came into being during an eventful period in European history. In 1916, at the height of the First World War, we started production in Berlin of ‘drilling oils’ for metal working, as they were then known. Our company name, perhaps not obvious at first sight, was derived from the words ‘Oel’ and ‘Metall’ (oil and metal) and is the name by which the company is known up to this day.
By 1921 the production capacity at the original Berlin site was already insufficient and consequently production was moved to Bötzow, located to the west of the city. At the same time, the product range was expanded to include grinding wheels. However in 1993, following a reassessment of the core business of Oemeta, this sector was sold. Since then, the focus of the business has been the manufacture and marketing of industrial lubricants.